Hours: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST, M-F
Your department depends on reimbursement for survival. Depend on our team of reimbursement experts for personal, on-demand reimbursement education and support.
We know as well as you do that proper reimbursement procedures impact your practice as well as your patients. We can help you navigate the complex world of reimbursement. Use the following education and resources to understand and educate your referring physicians on the coverage and coding of new and existing nuclear medicine procedures.
- Facility-specific reimbursement education delivered through live presentations at your convenience. Contact your sales representative to schedule.
- Continuing Education courses help you maintain your certification while learning about nuclear medicine reimbursement. View the courses
- 2013 Medicare updates webinar – Listen to our Director of Coverage and Payment Policy present on the 2013 reimbursement updates to nuclear medicine coding, as well as changes to the HOPPS and MPFS payment systems. View the webinar recordings in four parts, each is 10-12 minutes long:
2013 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
2013 Medicare HOPPS update
2013 Medicare HOPPS non-HEU
2013 Nuclear Medicine Coding Changes
Coverage, coding and payment
2013 payment rates
- General Nuclear Medicine
- Radiopharmaceuticals and drugs in nuclear medicine
- PET reimbursement guide
- Medicare coverage criteria for FDG-PET for Alzheimer's Disease
- 18F NaF PET bone scan reimbursement guide
- Myocardial Perfusion Imaging, including radiopharmaceuticals and related product information reimbursement guide
Physician order forms
Reimbursement information is provided by Cardinal Health as general coding and payment information. This information is not intended to replace or serve as substitute for your duty to verify that such information is proper for your particular circumstances. Any codes reported should accurately reflect the procedures performed and the patient’s conditions. You may want to consult with local payers to confirm compliance with local policies, or otherwise review and confirm reimbursement policies with your own legal or other professional advisors.