There are three types of grants available. Please review the descriptions and select the appropriate grant in order to submit your online application.
IMPORTANT – Before beginning a grant application you will need to know the EIN or Tax ID number for the organization and you MUST obtain the following documentation from your selected non-profit organization in an electronic format (Word doc, pdf, jpg or Excel file) to upload with the online application.
Depending on the application you are submitting you may also need:
Only online applications, submitted by a Cardinal Health employee, with all required information will be considered. Please contact the non-profit organization prior to beginning the application process in order to obtain all of the necessary documentation.
Team Fundraising Grant
Matching grants for up to $2,500 recognize teams of three or more Cardinal Health employees, or $5,000 for teams of six or more Cardinal Health employees that join together to raise funds for a local non-profit organization through a grassroots effort. A maximum of one Team Fundraising grant per event per fiscal year will be awarded. Grants must be applied for in the same fiscal year that the activity took place.
Team Fundraising Grant Application
* In-kind donations such as purchasing gifts for an adopt-a-family are not eligible for matching funds through a Team Fundraising Grant.
* Any one organization (or local affiliate or chapter) will be limited to no more than $5,000 in total Team Fundraising Grants per fiscal year, or to a level not to exceed 15% of the organization’s operating budget, with a maximum of $5,000 in support from the Cardinal Health Foundation.
Team Building Grant
A team of three or more full-time employees can apply for grants of up to $5,000 from the Cardinal Health Foundation when they volunteer their time for a "hands-on" team service project for an approved non-profit organization. Team volunteer activities that take place during business hours must be approved and supported by the team manager and senior leadership.
Total team hours are calculated by multiplying the number of team members who participated in the service project by the numbers of hours spent on the project. Team hours consist of the Cardinal Health employees’ time as well as non-Cardinal Health team members if they are all members of the same team and the team contains at least three full time Cardinal Health employees. Grand total can not exceed the $5,000 limit for total team hours. For example: if four CAH employees and four non-CAH employees, who were all on the same team, worked on a service project for three hours, the total team hours would equal 24 hours.
Use total team hours to determine grant level
|3 to 24 team hours||$250|
|25 to 49 team hours||$500|
|50 to 74 team hours||$1,000|
|75 to 99 team hours||$1,500|
|100 to 149 team hours||$2,000|
|150 to 199 team hours||$2,500|
|200 to 249 team hours||$3,000|
|250 to 300 team hours||$3,500|
|300 to 349 team hours||$4,000|
|350 to 399 team hours||$4,500|
|400+ team hours||$5,000|
Grants must be applied for in the same fiscal year that the activity took place.
Team Building Grant Application
* Any one organization (or local affiliate or chapter) will be limited to no more than $5,000 in total Team Building grants per fiscal year.
* Any one organization (or local affiliate or chapter) will be limited to no more than $5,000 in total Team Building Grants per fiscal year, or to a level not to exceed 15% of the organization’s operating budget, with a maximum of $5,000 in support from the Cardinal Health Foundation.
Volunteer Leadership Grant
The strong leadership skills and work experience that many Cardinal Health employees possess can be enormously beneficial to non-profit organizations when employees agree to serve as board members for a non-profit organization. This level of involvement requires a special commitment by employees that often carries expectations of financial support as well. Cardinal Health employees who serve as a board member for approved non-profit organizations may apply for grants of up to $3,500 from the Cardinal Health Foundation. Each employee is limited to one Volunteer Leadership Grant per organization, per fiscal year.
Volunteer Leadership Grant Application
* Any one organization (or local affiliate or chapter) will be limited to no more than $7,000 in total Volunteer Leadership Grants per fiscal year, or to a level not to exceed 15% of the organization’s operating budget, with a maximum of $7,000 in support from the Cardinal Health Foundation.
Complete a previous application
If you have created a username and password,
please access your saved application.