Want to learn more?
Cardinal Health is committed to working with you to optimize your supply chain. And we are dedicated to optimizing our network and building world-class distribution services. This, ultimately, will give you more time to focus on what matters most – your patients.
We have a simple goal—deliver the right product, in the right amount and on time—to your dock or point of use. Our national network of 40 distribution centers, the national reach of our proprietary transportation system, and our dedicated customer service and field servicing teams, are all equipped with the latest technologies.
Quality Enhanced Distribution Services (QED)
Getting the product to you is only the beginning. We are also heavily focused on making your receipt and putaway processes as easy as possible. With our Quality Enhanced Distribution Services we offer a wide range of options that meet your individual distribution needs—ranging from breaking down pallets on-site to inside delivery to departments.
We want to help you do more with less. By optimizing our industry-leading ValueLinkÃ‚Â® program, we’ll help you contain costs, streamline supply flow processes and reduce inventory by providing product in the most logical unit of measure (LUM). This means you only process, handle, store and pay for the amount of inventory needed, when it is needed.
Our comprehensive freight management solution is designed around your specific shipping needs. We’ll deliver the transparency and custom reporting to successfully track, manage and receive your deliveries. By partnering with us to further build and leverage national scale with carriers, our customers typically realize a freight savings of 30-50 percent.
Whether you’re looking to leverage your existing distributor relationship, better standardize purchasing or bring the benefits of distribution to those “traditionally non-distribution products”—Cardinal Health has the expertise to help you find the best solution for your needs.
Our Consolidated Services offerings are designed to help you:
- Streamline a complex inbound supply chain
- Resolve a congested receipt and putaway process
- Receive the most logical unit of measure on clinician preference items
- Develop a best-in-class method to balance inventory levels across your IDN network of facilities
- Establish a control infrastructure for driving and maintaining standardization
Channel Optimization Services
Successful management of all the different products and manufacturers within the healthcare supply chain requires a scientific approach to arrive at the optimal total distribution solution. If design and implementation of the right channel strategy is what you need, we offer collaborative solutions that leverage our supply chain expertise, decision analytics and tools, and Lean Six Sigma approach. Our Channel Optimization Services encompass a comprehensive view of all supply chain “paths” through your supply channels.
Supply chain excellence
We are uniquely situated to put you on the path to supply chain excellence:
- Our distribution centers offer a single source of over 200,000 medical products from over 2,200 manufacturers
- Our proprietary transportation network has nationwide reach and offers a flexible and simple receipt process
- Cardinal Health is the only distributor providing support across the entire care continuum—from the acute hospital to the laboratory, surgery center, physician office, long-term care and pharmacy settings