While Specialty Solutions was officially launched as a unified business in 2012, our business dates back to 1992.
- 1992: Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution was launched and has since become a leading national distributor of specialty pharmaceuticals and fractionated blood products to hospitals, practices, clinics and home-care providers.
- 1995: Cardinal Health established CORD Logistics, to offer the specialty healthcare industry a nationwide third-party logistics (3PL) provider. The business was eventually renamed Specialty Pharmaceutical Services.
- 2004: Beckloff Associates, Inc., a biopharmaceutical and medical device consulting business founded in 1976, was acquired by Cardinal Health to offer scientific and regulatory consulting services ranging from drug development through product commercialization.
- 2007: Cardinal Health acquired Health Connections, an established business with more than 20 years of experience in providing customized patient access and reimbursement management services for the medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
- July 2010: The acquisition of Healthcare Solutions Holding, the parent company of P4 Healthcare, was a turning point in the history of Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions. In addition to P4 Healthcare, Healthcare Solutions Holding also included P4 Pathways, the specialty pharmacy OncoSource Rx and P4 Healthcare's business services catering to manufacturers. With this acquisition, Specialty Solutions was set in motion encapsulating both legacy and new business offerings.
- 2011: Our most recent new business launch was in 2011 with the start of a group purchasing organization, VitalSourceSM GPO serving our oncology and urology customers.
- 2012: Marks the public launch of “Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions” as a single unified business;
- Third-Party Logistics Services (formerly Specialty Pharmaceutical Services)
- Scientific and Regulatory Consulting (formerly Beckloff Associates)
- Healthcare Analytics and Marketing Communications (formerly P4 Manufacturer Services)
- Clinical Pathways with P4 Pathways
- GPO Contracts and Services with VitalSourceSM GPO
- Specialty Pharmacy (formerly OncoSourceRx)
- Access Services (formerly Health Connections)
We are committed to expanding our business to meet the changing needs of our customers.