Apply for support
Apply for philanthropic support online.
c/o Community Relations
7000 Cardinal Place
Dublin, OH 43017
Cardinal Health employees have knowledge, skills and talents that can help our communities overcome challenges and thrive. Through our Essential to Community program, Cardinal Health encourages employees to get involved and give back to communities where they live and work. The scope of this effort is currently in the US, as well as Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Thailand and Canada.
While we support many employee-driven volunteer activities, we encourage involvement that impacts health and wellness including cancer, diabetes, heart disease and multiple sclerosis.
Highlights of recent employee-driven volunteerism include:
- American Heart Association: Cardinal Health employees raised $50,000 in 2008 and over $100,000 in 2009 in Columbus; hundreds of walkers participated in the Heart Walk
- Arthritis Foundation: Cardinal Health employees raised $20,000 to support the Jingle Bell Run in Columbus
- Pelotonia: Cardinal Health employees raised more than $60,000 with 34 riders and 37 volunteers
- Feeding America: Cardinal Health employees supported food drives in Columbus, OH, Fort Mill, SC, Houston, TX, Little Rock, AR, Radcliff, KY and Romulus, MI
We encourage employees to make personal donations to eligible non-profit organizations. Donations to health-related organizations are matched at 100%, and donations to other non-profit organizations are matched at 50%.
Note: The matching gift program does have some restrictions. Learn more about groups, programs and activities we do not fund.
Cardinal Health Chamber Orchestra features a volunteer orchestra made up of Cardinal Health employees, members from the community, and surrounding businesses.
Columbus Goes Red is a partnership with the American Heart Association promoting heart healthy lifestyles, especially targeted at women.
Operational Excellence links Cardinal Health black belts with local non-profits for Six Sigma and lean events to promote process improvements and increase efficiencies.
Board Link matches Cardinal Health leadership with non-profit organizations.
Leadership and team volunteer grantsWe offer grants to non-profit organizations in recognition of employee volunteerism.
- Team Fundraising Grants up to $2,500 recognize teams of three or more Cardinal Health employees who join together to raise funds for a local non-profit organization.
- Team Building Grants up to $5,000 recognize teams of three or more Cardinal Health employees who join together to volunteer their time for a hands-on service project that serves a local non-profit organization.
- Volunteer Leadership Grants up to $3,500 recognize employees who serve as board members for local non-profit organizations