For questions or to purchase I-131 therapy capsules, contact your sales consultant or local Cardinal Health pharmacist.
Find your local pharmacist
Not all therapeutic I-131 shields are equal
SNMMI Practice Guideline for Therapy of Thyroid Disease recommends using FDA-approved radiopharmaceuticals. See page 15.
Ask your sales consultant for samples or order copies.
Safety. Selection. Service
Because your patients are counting on you, count on Cardinal Health to safely deliver your FDA-approved I-131 therapy capsules.
Patented Piglet® Delivery System and Piglet® 2 Delivery System designed to help maximize your safety.
- Tungsten shielding helps you keep radiation exposure ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable)
- Piglet™ Sling and Piglet™ Popper Tool reduce radiation exposure between you and the point of patient administration
- Threaded lid assures safe containment of dosages
- Activated charcoal ring reduces the chance of any minute amounts of vapor release
- All patient dosages ship Yellow Bar II
Using non FDA-approved radiopharmaceuticals may potentially place you and your facility at risk of:
- Issues concerning drug efficacy and safety
- Exceeding your personal scope of practice based on use of unapproved drugs
- Negative impact to your institution’s accreditation
- Reimbursement issues
- Impact to patient safety
What it means to you and your patients:
- Up to 200 mCi/capsule resulting in fewer capsules per patient therapy
- Exact prescribed activity per patient
- Easy to swallow, smaller capsules
- I-131 patient education brochures available in English and Spanish
- Same day availability
- Diagnose and provide therapy on the same day
- Customizable delivery schedules
- Product delivered directly to your department